Perugia, Best places to eat and more
1) Bottega del vino, a must in Perugia, also if quite expensive. This lovely restaurant boasts a unique location, great atmosphere and excellent wines. It is in via del Sole 1. Tel. + 39 075 5716181. During Umbria Jazz a lot of artists love to have lanch and aperitives here.
2) Ristorante Culturale l’Officina. It is in Borgo XX Giugno. http://www.l-officina.net/ We love this restaurant for the wide wine selection, around 450 differents wines from all over the world and also for the choice of Rum and Cognac!!! We love to eat Mortadella with dates in balsamic vinegar, and the hand made pasta and bread:).
3) Trattoria dalla Bianca, a very unexpensive restaurant but also good, (cost usually no more than 24 euro for a good and strong eating included wines). It is in via Piantarose, 13, tel +39 075 727132
- After lanch, don’t miss a walk around the oldest town of Perugia. As per the Acquedotto Romano. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5466952
- The Duomo and the Fontana Maggiore, after Corso Vannucci, in Piazza IV Novembre/Piazza Danti. First raised in the early 14th century on the Gothic model of the German hall churches, it didn’t take its present form until the 16th century. Unsure whether the front on Piazza Danti or the flank facing Piazza IV Novembre should be the facade, Perugians slapped a bit of desultory decoration on both. On the Piazza IV Novembre side is a statue of Pope Julius III giving benediction.
- The National Gallery in Corso Vannucci, 19. Admission 6.50€ adults, 3.25€ ages 18-25 (E.U. citizens, technically) and seniors over 65 http://www.gallerianazionaleumbria.it/
- Behind the Duomo don’t miss to see the Arco d’Augusto (Arco Etrusco). In the 3rd century B.C., the Etruscans laid the massive stones of the base. Augustus Caesar engraved it with “Augusta Perusia” after he rebuilt the city. And in the 16th century, the left-hand tower was capped off with a Renaissance loggia.
We recommand to get in Perugia via the Funicolare, (Mini Metro) and park at the Stadium. pay attention to the night last run that is around 9.30 PM. (Otherwise You can easely get lost…). There are work in progress by the 7th to the 21st of August, and the service will be done by bus.