Rome: eat, love and shop!
We are dedicating this post to all our friends that use to spent 1 or more nights in Rome. It is not easy to give you our top list of things to do, ead and buy, but we try!!! Please do not hesitate to call ask us more tips:()!!!
Our best restaurant list:
- Ditirambo - http://www.ristoranteditirambo.it/ In piazza della cancelleria 75 (closed to campo dei fiori) we all love this restaurant for the good quality food, service, and because it is listed on our beloved Slow Food Organization.
- Il Drappo - Located closed to via Giulia, http://www.ristoranteildrappo.com/ One of the best Regional taste of Sardinia! Cost around 40/50 euro + 39
- Ciccia bomba – A very easy going and romantic roman Osteria in via del governo vecchio, 76 Tel. 06 6880 2108
25/30 euro. Have a look on Tripadvisor, Click here.
- The Propaganda - Just few steps by the Colosseo, in via Claudia 15. (tel. 00 06 9453 4255), a charming bar/winery and restaurant where to discover a special taste of the best food of Italy. If you love wines like us, this is the place. It has one of the best Organic wine list of the city with a very good selection of the best organic wines highlight by our Italian Regions. A special treatment for our guests if you ask of the handsome Manager, Daniele Quattrini.
- Roscioli, Via dei Giubbonari – The best Wine Bar in Rome (and they use our Fontanaro extra vergin olive oil). It is near Campo dei Fiori and you can go there also only for a slide of one of the best pizza with ham and mozzarella cheese in the city! The restaurant is inside, after the delicatessen area.
- Cul de Sac – http://www.enotecaculdesac.com/chi-siamo the one of the oldest wine bar in Rome , Piazza Pasquino. You can stop there if you are shopping around via del governo vecchio and Campo dei Fiori.
- Casina Valadier for one of the best view on Rome, it is very romantic but also expensive! Get to know an excellent place to try the best of Italian cooking coupled with the most evocative terrace in Rome. It is in Villa Borghese at Piazza Bucarest. Tel. + 39 06 69922090 http://www.casinavaladier.it/ The restaurant is open all days from 12.30-3.00pm,8.00pm-11pm. Better not to go with kids.
- Fabbrica del Cioccolato, Said www.said.it – It is in Via Tiburtina 135. Booking, best with our friend Checco Tornielli at +39.06.446 9204. It is in the San Lorenzo district 15 minutes walk by termini train station. Chocolate candy molds and other retired confectionery equipment now decorate this unique restaurant and candy shop. The menu includes homemade pasta, seafood carpaccio, and a selection of desserts that will make you dizzy. N.B. Do not skip the chocolate fondue. Good wine list. If you go there after the lanch have a look on the shop anatra all’arancia, we love it! (Summer re-opening by the 30th of August).
- Il Bolognese , Piazza del Popolo (if there movie actors in Rome, they go there….).It is one of the most popular restaurant, but by our points of view too old style, old weitress no more smiling, no fancy.
- Il Fico, in via di Monte Giordano 49 (closed to Piazza della Pace), they should have fresh fish daily. A very daily place, informal with local people. Don’t miss Tonnarelli cacio e ricotta and Bucatini all’amatriciana! http://www.ilfico.com/ilficoristorante.html
- Da Felice in via Mastro Giorgio 29 area of Testaccio, tel. 06.57.46.800. http://www.feliceatestaccio.com/ Taste the pizza and “pasta ravioli alla Felice”, filled with Ricotta cheese and spinach.
- Da Primo al Pigneto: Here you should taste “A Matriciana” – (the Pigneto area is a student area, not clean and not touristic) VIA DEL PIGNETO 46 – TEL. + 39 06 7013827, never on Monday. Better to book before. http://www.primoalpigneto.it/
- L’Asino d’Oro, in via del Boschetto 73, tel + 39 -06 4891 3832. Very very special food, we are in love with the chef!!! http://www.lasinodororoma.it/
If you lanch here have a digestive walk between via del Boschetto and via dei Serpenti where are nice dress shops.
And our best fish place restaurant are:
- Da Duilio (the area is ugly…Tiburtina, but the place is special) V. cave Pietralata 44-46. Remember to call before is not always opened: 06 41787439 http://www.pescheriaosteriasorduilio.com/
If you are at Rome Fiumicino Airport don’t miss to, always for fish:
Go at Osteria dell’orologio. In Via Torre Clementina, 114, Fimucino, (RM) Tel before going at: + 39 06. 6505251Tell them (Gerardo or wife or in general) that you are from Alessio at the osteria di monteverde
Design shops in Rome
Tad Concept Store in via del babuino 155 (from Piazza del Popolo).
Dress shopping, Alina Style around via del Governo Vecchio:
- Via del governo vecchio! (between Piazza Navona and closed to piazza del Fico, where is nice to have aperitives). Lots of taylor made and vintage shops for woman.
- My best is Fata Morgana – via del Governo Vecchio 27 -
- Than I Love: http://www.josephinedehuertas.com/identity.html
- And also: http://www.delfinadelettrez.com/index_en.html
From via del Governo vecchio you should go to piazza del fico for aperitive (cool!)
- and see the shop: http://www.retrodesign.it/
Dress shopping, Alina Style at via dei Giubbonari:
- Nuyorica – one of our best shoes and dresses Store - in piazza Pollarola, 36/37 (campo dei Fiori) and via del Pellegrino 15. T : +39 06 68 89 12 43 better to go when there are sales! Here you can shop: Balenciaga, Chloé, Stella McCartney, Acne, Jil Sander,…
From Campo dei Fiori, follow via dei Baullari, have an ice cream at GROM
Close to the and of this road, we love also Pandemonium!
via dei Giubbonari 104 (better when it is on sale)!
- Empresa – in via dei Giubbonari 25, http://www.empresa.it
- Loco in Via dei Baullari 22 (area of Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Navona) (https://www.facebook.com/pages/LOCO/205978723579 ) for trendy shoes.
- Borini Shoes Shopin Via dei Pettinari, 86 Roma – tel: 06 687 5670 – (area of Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Navona) all italian and hand made shoes.
For TAYLOR MADE SANDALS:
- San Giacomo sandals, real italian hand made sandals. Fab accessories and sandals shop .Via di Tor Millina, 10/11. Veronica Santini, the owner is a big friend of mine! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Di-San-Giacomo-Sandals/189360421083792?ref=ts Have a look also on The Guardian review!!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/jul/13/10-best-shops-rome?fb=optOut
- Alexandra, Via Paolo Emilio, 21-23 Tel: 063243311 (Area of Cola di Rienzo). It ha salso l’aurte chose shoes
- Gente http://www.genteroma.com/
Style shops at Monti:
Le Gallinelle in Via Panisperna 61
Kokoro in Via del Boschetto 75
Our best dress and shoes shopping, the number 1 is: Mencucci, in Via Cavour 102, 00184 Roma – tel . + 39 06 47824405
GL & Alé parfum in Via Leonina 5
LOL, Piazza degli Zingari, 11
A NICE BRUNCH IN MONTI IS AT URBANA 47
Shops are opened usually:
Monday – 15:30 to 19:30 (some shops may be open in the morning)
And Tuesday to Saturday – 09:30 / 10:00 to 13:00 and 15:30 to 19:00 / 19:30 (some shops do not close for the afternoon break)
Rome nice Markets:
- Friday morning, up to 2.00 PM at Stadio Olimpico (This is not a touristic place!!!)
- Every day, but not Sunday: Mercato rionale di via Testaccio (piazza Testaccio – piazza dell’Emporio)
- More the Sunday at Monti (not always)
- Salotto 42 in Piazza di Pietra – http://www.salotto42.it/ Better to go around around 7.30 PM (COOL PEOPLE)
- Socièté Lutece – Piazza di Montevecchio 1 – http://www.societe-lutece.it/?sede=2
- Bartaruga, where also Woody Allen set his last movie from Rome with love
- The best coffe in Rome: Caffè Sant’Eustachio at Piazza S. Eustachio (just around the corner of Via Teatro Valle)
B&B From some of our friends
http://www.amor-bed-breakfast.com/it/?gclid=CLnistGK1qoCFYwPfAodjEnT8Q Roberto the owner is a very great friends of us!
B&b near Termini Railways Station
And in Trastevere:
Albergo Santa Maria in Trastevere tel. 0039-065894626 email: email@example.com
Apts (from our friend Nancy) Alex Parenti firstname.lastname@example.org tel 335 8226318
Live Music International concerts - http://www.auditorium.com/ In Viale Pietro de Coubertin 30. Renzo Piano’s definition of the Auditorium as a “cultural factory” is becoming ever more apt as time goes by.
After shopping and eating…a nice walk at Passeggiata Marcello, at the old Roman fish market it is the jewish area of Portico D’Ottavia. This area was created by the Emperor Augusto for his Sister Ottavia and it was erected in 146 B.C. !! The Portico of Ottavia is one of the most charming passageways in Rome. Where: Via del Portico d’Ottavia PLEASE FOR MORE UPDATES ALWAYS CHECK
- For sailing we have a friend big sailing boat in the island of PONZA …AMAZING!!! http://sailingexperience.net/